Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Time Just Slips Through Like Sands in an Hourglass


Still journeying on this ride we call life.

Seeking truth as truth - not legalism, but what is really truth. This is where I am on this ride. How much do I believe in is based on human rules and not God's rules? Finally, I am beginning to understand what God really cares about - where his real concerns are. It isn't in the rules that man has made. It is the actual commands from God that is to guide us. It isn't a list of man's do's and don'ts. It is about what God says is right or wrong.

Seeking who I really am as this forty-something. Do we ever really figure this out - or are we always working on who we really are? Because quite honestly, I would have hoped I would have had this figured out by this time in life.

Seeking a place where I can land, where I can be who I am meant to be. Honestly, I have more confidence about who I am and where I am going than I have ever had in my life!! I find myself answering questions about life in a way that I thought would never happen. I am finding myself believing more in my ability to make decisions without questioning who I am. And realizing the decisions that are being made are just fine!

As a dear friend has been telling me (us): If we don't take care of ourselves - no one else will. That doesn't mean we don't care about other people. We just have to take better care of who we are. (Now just to convince him of that!)

Well that is enough for now. Just wanted to share with friends out there.

No comments: