Saturday, August 30, 2008

Kansas City

Scott & I are in KC this weekend. We love visiting our friends up here. This is Saturday evening. We had BBQ at Arthur Bryant's today and Abuelo's for supper. We have hung out with our friend Charlie and saw my cousin Ron & his family. I even got to meet his brother Richard. That was a lot of fun!!

Sunday we went to church at our former church, New Hope Church of the Nazarene. It was really good to see some of our friends again. Some were out of town that we wished we could have seen, but it was fun just the same. Then we ate at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch with our friend LeAnn. Boy, was that good. (It was our goal on this trip to eat at places we don't have in Wichita. Except for Abuelo's we were successful!)

That afternoon, we hung out a Zona Rosa with Charlie. Then later, we met Charlie and some of his friends at Houlihan's for supper and custard at Sheridan's. That was a lot of fun. It was great meeting his friends.

Monday for lunch we met Roland and Virginia Bales at Smokehouse BBQ. I used to work with Virginia at Nazarene Publishing House. It was great to meet and catch up with them. I got a little shopping in before lunch. I love shopping.

Scott & I would like to visit our friends a little more often. It is great to visit KC, but Wichita it home.

2 comments:

@inabeanpod said...

Yes, it's been fun!

Anonymous said...

so weird...Sam and I have had this one-sided friendship conversation a COUNTLESS number of times...glad we're not the only ones! :)