Monday, February 23, 2009

Pretense, Confusion, Thankful

Lori Wick is probably my favorite author. I own a majority of the books she has written. Some, I have read many times over. Pretense is one such book. I have read this book so many times, I have lost count. While reading it again, i noticed a prayer from the character Shay. Here is the prayer:

"I've had so many wrong impressions. I've been confused, and now see how huge you are. You love all of us. You're big enough that we can pray to You in our own way. I've been afraid of not being good enough. I've been selfish and wrong with so many things in my life, but Your forgiveness is bigger that that."

I am so thankful that even in His hugeness, God is still personal enough for each of us. He wants us to come to him just as we are, incsecurities and all. His forgiveness and love is bigger that what we think we don't have to offer.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have this down pat yet. But, I am working on it. When self-doubt arises, I pray I remember that God is bigger that the doubt and loves me in spite of it.

No comments: