Thursday, September 4, 2008

Selfish Independence

I was listening to John McCain speak. His line about “selfish independence” struck me. You see so many times in life, we live by selfish independence. We forget about a Savior who gave his all so that we can be free from our man made prison – the prison of sin. Sin of our own making, our selfish independence. May I be humble and remember what Jesus did for me on the cross. That I might be free from sin and dependent upon him.

Once I am dependent upon Christ, He calls me to be a humble servant for Him. I pray that I might have a servant's heart and attitude.

2 comments:

Sam, Sarah, Claudia, Camile, Maya, and Gabriel said...

Wow, what a powerful post. Thanks for reminding me that NOTHING is about ME, but EVERYTHING is about HIM!

Carly said...

Hi Scott and Rhonda, I found your blog through Sarah's blog. THis post was very encouraging...a lesson that I need to be reminded of on a daily basis! Thank you for sharing!